Nestled amidst the picturesque Thousand Islands in the St. Lawrence River, Boldt Castle stands as a testament to love and architectural grandeur. Built on Heart Island by millionaire hotel magnate George C. Boldt, this castle was intended as a tribute to his beloved wife, Louise. Explore the rich history and captivating features that make Boldt Castle a must-visit destination.
Highlights to Enchant Your Visit:
- Boldt Yacht House: Begin your journey at the Boldt Yacht House, a marvel of nautical architecture. Discover an impressive collection of antique boats, providing a glimpse into the luxurious lifestyle of the Boldt family during the Gilded Age.
- Heart Island Power House: Marvel at the Heart Island Power House, an architectural gem that once supplied electricity to the entire island. Explore the machinery and learn about the innovative technologies of the early 20th century.
- Italian Gardens: Stroll through the meticulously landscaped Italian Gardens. Admire the intricate designs, fountains, and sculptures that contribute to the castle's romantic ambiance while enjoying panoramic views of the surrounding river.
- Boldt Castle Interior: Step inside Boldt Castle to explore its lavishly decorated rooms and corridors. Be transported back in time as you discover the opulence and attention to detail that characterized the Gilded Age architectural style.
- Heart Island Alster Tower: Visit the Heart Island Alster Tower, a medieval-inspired structure with panoramic views of the river. Immerse yourself in the island's history and architectural diversity as you explore this unique and picturesque tower.
Boldt Castle promises a journey through time and romance, where the opulence of the Gilded Age converges with the natural beauty of the Thousand Islands.